WHO WE ARE
NEMSMA is a professional association of EMS leaders dedicated to the discovery, development, and promotion of excellence in leadership and management in EMS systems, regardless of EMS system model, organizational structure or agency affiliation.
HOW WE WILL ACHIEVE THIS
We will research, discover, develop, and promote best and most promising practices in EMS leadership, management, and administration through example, education, and advocacy.
WHAT IS OUR NICHE?
We are an inclusive organization of EMS leaders and managers. We welcome all, regardless of organizational size, corporate structure, ownership, or philosophy.
We believe in and act upon evidence-based best practices.
We understand that individuals responsible for EMS delivery must be both effective leaders and capable managers, with the necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and attitudes to perform in both roles.
• Accountability – We will give our members good value for their money, using processes that are open and accessible to the membership.
• Collaboration – We will work collaboratively with other EMS agencies and organizations to achieve our established organizational goals.
• Dedication – We will remain focused on our goals, and we will strive to provide the best possible effort on behalf of our members.
• Effectiveness – We will produce results that benefit the EMS community.
• Efficiency – We will use our resources productively and work towards outcomes that are specific and measurable.
• Excellence – We will provide high quality products and services, and we will demonstrate excellence in all that we do.
• Integrity – We will be honest in all that we do and say, and we will advocate for integrity as a core value of all of our members and member organizations
Membership: More than 1,600 diverse EMS leaders representing chiefs, administrators, directors, managers and supervisors from across North America.
Association goals: To identify, develop, promote and disseminate best practices in the management of EMS operations, including but not limited, to the management of human resources, vehicle fleets, information, data & logistics
Publication:Best Practices in Emergency Services
Membership meeting: Annually in conjunction with EMS WORLD EXPO
• Innovation – We will advance the cause of EMS leadership and management by using cutting-edge strategies, technologies, and best practices in our business and in our educational efforts.
• Safety – We will recognize that safety is a central issue in the EMS community, and we will advocate for safe operational practices throughout that community.
• Scholarship – We will promote academics, higher education and officer development, and encourage the development of educational institutions as centers for the advancement of EMS education and leadership through scholarly research and discourse.
SUBJECT MATTER AREAS
• Research – organizational, leadership, management practices
• Legislation and regulatory affairs
• Human Resources
• Information Systems
• Evaluation / Quality Management / Performance Management
• Resource management and deployment
• Community engagement
• Organization and team dynamics; crew resource management